Coat of Arms

    Arms: Or, a chevron between ten crosses crosslet gules. The earliest known grant of arms to a HOLBROOK, specifically that to Sir Richard de Holebrok of Suffolk and Norfolk, was recorded on the Charles Roll, 1285-1295 as “Or crusilly and a chevron gules.” It was more clearly defined in a later grant assigned to Sir Richard’s son, John de Holebrok, in 1301.

    Cut into a marble monument in the Luccombe Church, County Somerset, England, are the Stawell arms impaling Holebrooke. The Holbrooke impalement is identical to the arms left.


Source:  Holbrook Family Organization Book of Remembrance, about 1975



Back to the Holbrook Family Organization Homepage

Hit Counter